Great Day in The Morning

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Great day today,
My wife and I are doing the best we can after the loss of our home and my shop.
We are fortunate to have a nice apartment and good insurance.
The Camp Fire of California changed everything for us.
I have put the cart before the horse.
Hoping to purchase a home soon but meanwhile.....
I found a Sharp LMV Mill, a Clausing Colchester 15, Jet 712 horizontal saw, Lotos Plasma, Brown and Sharpe 618, 7” Shaper, Miller 220 AC/DC. And the list goes on.
But, today, I powered up the lathe and mill.
I’m fortunate to work at a Ford dealership with 3 phase, found a corner of the North shop.
Man, what a great day. I had to cut the Aloris CXA T-Nut with the mill, I need the lathe to make a spacer for the XAxis power feed.
I spent some time getting to know my new to me machines. I could not be happier with the quality, condition and overall performance of these commercial machines.
Thanks for listening.
Jeff286695286696286697

I thought you would like that Colchester ! :encourage:

Congratulations, Jeff! Now to find them (and you and Glenda) a nice home.

We put an offer on a home Friday night.
We should know where we are in the pile sometime tomorrow.
This will be the third offer we've made since we moved into the apartment.
Now, Mr. mmcmdl, we need to talk.
The controls, feeds and speeds, directional, high-low levers are like a 747 dashboard. (Maybe Guy Lopes could figure it out :)
I have the manual that came with the lathe but man oh man, this may take a bit to figure out.
I sure do love this lathe.
I was making an auto feed cut with about .025" dialed in. I noticed the 2" piece of stock was hopping up and down a bit.
Stopped the machine, grabbed the chuck and moved it up and down. Movement was considerable.
Never owning a cam lock, I didn't know I was to tighten them, I just put the little lines between the marks as illustrated.
After I tightened them up proper, all was right with the world. Re-cut the same piece with a beautiful finish.
Great Day in the Morning!

Glad to hear things are looking up. Good luck on the house and enjoy the 'new' equipment.

Back