Grinder table ballway retainer material

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
I purchased a new to me jet SG with a ballway table. After removing the table for transport I noticed the roller retainers have been replaced and I don’t know if one is stock and one was replaced or both. They are not both the same material. One is a touch thicker than the other, square cut out measurements are all over the place??
I would like to replace them and I don’t think parts are available. So I have to source a good material to make new ones. What should I use phelonics,plastic,idk??? I am guessing but the squares seem a lot larger than the rollers. I’m thinking the opening should be snug to the roller ends and alittle room for rollers to roll in retainer but not a lot.
79CC8472-613D-4001-BDAF-499A33BFBC27.jpegDE0B61DC-1CAC-4093-9E83-50D597423085.jpeg954D6A46-94D0-40C5-B5F7-16FDFCA036A6.jpegFFCAAA3C-EA21-4B18-BFA2-96B7BC4E1030.jpeg40821B3B-73E3-419E-AB0B-0CD64161773B.jpeg

Anybody have experience replacing these retainers, making them or actually have the machine to take measurements from? Thanks in advance

Have you contacted Jet? Even if they don't have the part they might have a drawing for you.

My SG has balls instead of rollers, the retainers appear to be of Delrin or nylon. My first choice would be Delrin. I would think that you want the holes snug to keep the rollers lined up with the direction of travel. Mine is a tight enough fit that the balls are retained when you pick the strip up, the balls actually snap into the retainer, as the retainer has spherical cutouts. If the rollers try to cock slightly they will be trying to shift the table sideways.

I purchased a new to me jet SG with a ballway table. After removing the table for transport I noticed the roller retainers have been replaced and I don’t know if one is stock and one was replaced or both. They are not both the same material. One is a touch thicker than the other, square cut out measurements are all over the place??
I would like to replace them and I don’t think parts are available. So I have to source a good material to make new ones. What should I use phelonics,plastic,idk??? I am guessing but the squares seem a lot larger than the rollers. I’m thinking the opening should be snug to the roller ends and alittle room for rollers to roll in retainer but not a lot.
View attachment 299802View attachment 299800View attachment 299801View attachment 299803View attachment 299804

Anybody have experience replacing these retainers, making them or actually have the machine to take measurements from? Thanks in advance
Not exactly the same thing but have you seen Robin Rinzetti's vid on making a new roller cage for his SG? here

Not exactly the same thing but have you seen Robin Rinzetti's vid on making a new roller cage for his SG? here

I have seen it but I wiil now go back and rewatch to see what he used thanks for reminding me!
Flyinfool my rollers are in a track let's say one set rides the flat track the other side/set ride a V channel. The retainers I think are just to keep the rollers spaced and don't allow them to bunch up one side or the other. Will see I'll figure it out I've got alittle time still cleaning her up.

Back