Griz G1005

bedwards

Active User
Registered
Don't use too much force on your drawbar. The drawbar on my Griz has a nut that is just held in by a pin driven in from one side. I sheared it off yesterday and had to stop and fix it before I could finish a project. Anybody found a better way to fix other than driving another pin in and swaging it in place? I have pics of the repair if anyone wants to see them.

be

Have pics but they are at home. Will post tonight.

thanks for your interest

be

This is it sheared off with a center punch before I drilled it. I was lucky and it was not tight in the collet yet so I could take it out. Then I took a easy out and removed the broken piece. Next to last is fitting the new pin and last is the new pin swaged in place. I ground it smooth but didn't take a pic of that. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get get pictures to load in order. Sorry

DSCN6543a.jpg DSCN6548a.jpg DSCN6549a.jpg DSCN6550A.jpg

Last edited:
If you choose to weld it, be sure to post heat or stress relieve in some manner. You don't want it to be brittle.

I'm going to leave it for now I think. (its working) If it shears off again I will weld it.

be

How long is the drawbar? I don't have that mill but have read where people just replace it with a long grade 8 bolt.

Back