Grizzly 3-in-1 "Z" Series?

Chris H

Registered
Registered
Is the Grizzly Z series worth the extra cost? I'm particularly interested the the "normal" vs Z series in the 12 and 30 inch 3-in-1 pan,brake, and roller models. Also, are there better, cost comparable, machines that I should be looking at? They would be for motorcycle (hence the 12 inch machine consideration) and possibly some automotive fabrication uses.

I would call Grizzly and ask them to explain the difference. With that info in hand you can then decide if the "Z" series is worth the extra cost.

Here is straight from Grizzly's website.

"Our Z-Series models are specially built with heavier components and machined to closer tolerances to satisfy the increased precision and durability needs of the most demanding users."

Thank you both for replying, but I have read their materials, even the pdf manuals on them ( http://cdn2.grizzly.com/manuals/t26472z_m.pdf I admit I skimmed, so maybe I missed something). However, the info I get from them is just ad speak. What are the closer tolerances? The website and catalog lists the shipping weights, so I can have an idea of the weight differences in the machines themselves and it looks significant, but where is the added weight (i.e., is it useful for strength or just 'fat')?

Remember, Harbor Freight "beats" everyone in their ad fliers, at least according to what they choose to publish. So if you'd like, I'll swap a shiny new HF tool for your old non-HF ones straight across .... :eagerness: No marketing department would mislead for money, would they? :angel:

Well Chris, without calling them I doubt you are going to get the detailed answers here that you are requesting. Their techs should be able to fill you in with everything you are looking for.

I understand that they give you the marketing glitz in their adds, but then again, they are trying to sell machines. I really don't think that they are misleading, I think you are confusing it with "You get what you pay for" would likely apply here a little bit better.

It looks like you have already compared the manuals. If you compare the parts lists it might give an indication what parts are different. You can also compare the spec sheets, that may help.

Beyond that, I am coming up empty.

With that being said, I really hope that you don't forget us here at HM and post up what differences and details you find out. We would greatly appreciate it. Good luck in your quest. :encourage:

Is the Grizzly Z series worth the extra cost? I'm particularly interested the the "normal" vs Z series in the 12 and 30 inch 3-in-1 pan,brake, and roller models. Also, are there better, cost comparable, machines that I should be looking at? They would be for motorcycle (hence the 12 inch machine consideration) and possibly some automotive fabrication uses.

Chris,
I do not know if these are better, but maybe at least worth considering.
https://www.baileigh.com/metalworking/sheet-metal-brakes-rolls-shears/combination-machines

Back