Grizzly Closing Store

jim18655

Active User
Registered
Grizzly is closing the Muncy, PA store. Close out sale on tools in stock started and tent sale items go on sale in store starting the 14th. Sorry to see them leave my area. It was always a nice day out.

Interesting. Maybe they just can't compete with that 'used, machine-rich' part of the country? :)

If they want to effectively tap into the North East market ,they should have opened or moved the store closer to the NY, NJ, CT "Tristate" area. An hours drive away, opposed to a 3+ hour drive would make a huge difference.

And have 2-3x the operational costs/taxes? That corner of the country is just stupidly expensive. No offense to those of us who live up there though. :D

I inferred from the original post that they were just closing the doors, but it appears they are simply moving to a (likely) more cost effective venue.

The Grizzly stores are just an extension of the large, onsite warehouse. The north-east warehouse isn't moving, it will cease to be.

They will now have just two locations, the west-coast store/warehouse in Washington and the (even) bigger store/warehouse in Missouri.

They're supposed to be shutting down and moving everything to the Missouri location. They also have a large distribution center at the Muncy location.

And have 2-3x the operational costs/taxes? That corner of the country is just stupidly expensive. No offense to those of us who live up there though. :D
Yes they would have to spend a bit more on overhead but the exposure to the 18+ million people that live within a 50 mile radius of NYC would mean many more sales. They wouldn't need to have a huge warehouse here, just a showroom. I for one, would never by any major machine without seeing it first, in person.

Last edited:
I would guess that 95% of their business is internet sales, so maintaining a showroom just doesn't make fiscal sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bellingham showroom here close too... there is never more than a few customers in the store whenever I visit.

Back