Grizzly df-1237g wiring diagram.

husqvarnarider

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a grizzly df-1237g I found the one for the g1003 it's just shows the drum switch, mine has the control panel with magnetic switches..

Attachments

• 20211201_133147.jpg
    20211201_133147.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20211201_141431.jpg
    20211201_141431.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 25
Looks like it's unobtainium at this point, it's been discontinued for so long.
Are you having a hookup issue? In your photo, it looks like the stepdown transformer is being bypassed.
Are you planning on operating the machine on 120 volts or 240? For the latter you'd need to get the transformer back in play
(moving two of the yellow wires I think, not 100% sure- need to look a bit closer)
-Mark

Last edited:
Yes if I wire it 220 like the diagram inside the motor box the motor doesn't work correctly .

OK, so you changed the motor for 220, did you make any changes in the contactor box or is it still like the photo in post #1?
Note: at the motor, where it says TAP that means taped, as in insulated with tape, so 2,3, and 6 are connected and taped, and the incoming wire #5 is also disconnected and taped.
However, both sides of the transformer must be connected for 220/240 volt operation, since the contactors coils are 110/120
We might need to do a bit of sleuthing on the contactor box wiring- it would be nice if someone had a diagram

Last edited:
OK let me see some closer views of the contactor box and one of the motor terminal block
Question: the crude diagram you posted, where did you find it? Was it from a factory manual?
I believe it may have errors that's why I'm asking
-M

I found it on here its for a shenwai sw900b which I believe made the grizzly along with other early 80's lathes. I can't get any better pictures that's about as good as it gets . The box is very tight

here's the Shenwai900B's diagram

IMG_3453.jpg

i did a VFD retrofit , here's the thread

The 1 1/2 small pony power motor on the Jet, that we have at work, has to be replaced with a proper horse power motor!
Pierre

The diagram in post #8 shows how the transformer should be connected for 220 volt operation. You can see that the 220 volt side
of the transformer has only two wires: one is from the fuse holder and the other one goes to the forward contactor "T" terminal. The 110 volt side of the
transformer has two wires which end up at the main terminal strip #1 and #2. Those are the two you need to move, I believe
If you arrange that plus configure the motor for 220 volts it should work
-M
P.S. Apparently, when the machine is configured for 110 volt operation the factory uses one set of transformer terminals as a convenient tie point; the transformer isn't performing any useful function; the winding is just going along for the ride on 110, wasting a small amount of power

Last edited:
Back