Grizzly G0602?

I've been comparing the lathes this size for myself lately too. I have pretty much decided the variable speed model is worth the extra money and comparing the G0752 to the PM 1022 with stands, it's only $50 more for the PM 1022 with power cross feed. But those are $500 more than a G0602 alone, but I'm thinking worth it in the long run.
Good luck deciding on which one is right for you.

I've been comparing the lathes this size for myself lately too. I have pretty much decided the variable speed model is worth the extra money and comparing the G0752 to the PM 1022 with stands, it's only $50 more for the PM 1022 with power cross feed. But those are $500 more than a G0602 alone, but I'm thinking worth it in the long run.
Good luck deciding on which one is right for you.

I too am now looking at the PM-1022 and the PM-1030. I like the idea of power cross feed. $500 isn't much when you start thinking about adding a VFD, which the 1022/1030 already are setup.

The problem with Grizzly's lathe line-up is that they really don't offer a full-featured benchtop lathe, excluding the extraordinary expensive SB1002. The G0602 is extremely popular, but lacks a full QC gearbox, cross feed and tumbler reverse. The G0752 is the G0602 with a 3-phase motor and VFD. The G9972Z is slightly larger and has a powered apron from a slotted lead screw, but still no cross feed. It's only to you get to the G4002/G4003/G4003G family that you get a full lathe, but I think a thousand pound lathe is pushing the benchtop paradigm.

Looks like the PM1022V/PM1030V might fill-in this void for the hobby machinist. Ed W, if you have a few pictures of your lathe or a link to a online manual it would be extremely helpful as I can't seem to find much about this lathe with a web search.

Last edited:
Pity about the manual as Grizzly models usually have a decent one.

It would be great if you could post any pictures of your lathe. It would especially be interesting to see the apron controls, main controls and the end of the lathe with the change gears.

Back