Grizzly G0619 Mill Drill

Tried out the drill for raising the mill head. Really works great! Glad to find that little tip to make life easier with the G0619. Thanks

I've had a G0619 for several years and had to chuckle at your comment about nearly having a stroke raising and lowering the head. Mine did/does the same thing. I had bought it with the intention of setting it up for cnc and after getting the Z as loose as I could without causing a lot of backlash I purchased Grizzly's Flashcut cnc kit for it. First let me say the kit is a breeze to install. Really simple. Second thing....it didn't work. The kit I bought was supposed to work with the G0619 but it was just too tight. So I started disassembly looking to hopefully get it working better. I haven't removed the head yet but I'm pretty sure the gib or way has a burr thats causing issues. Unfortunately (or fortunately :) ) I found an old Liberty router and started rebuilding it. I'm almost done with it and looking forward to getting back on the G0619.

May be unrelated, really. But my G0619 sounds like a bearing is going out. Has anyone replaced the bearings in this machine? I am wondering if there are better bearings out there. Thank you.

Well I guess nothing is forever but my bearings are still sounding good. Remove bearings and find the number on them and do a web search for better bearing or same bearings.

Arceurotrade has a some great info on their site for the SX3 Mill. They also have bearing info, a dis-assembly guide and recommendations for mods to make replacing the bearings, in the future, easier.

I'll be needing to pull apart the spindle and replace the bearings on a Syil X3 CNC (a cnc'd verson of the SX3 mill) that I just picked up. I too will be looking to upgrade the bearing quality since the Syil conversion doubles the spindle speed to 3600, which is what I think toasted the factory bearings.

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Projects-Articles

Hope this helps

Back