Grizzly G0704 Cnc Conversion

Got my ballscrews today. This is going to be a lot of work to change to these.
E8qbsxIh.jpg

E8qbsxIh.jpg

E8qbsxIh.jpg

E8qbsxIh.jpg

I just posted about a conversion project like yours a few days ago (last Saturday?) on the Grizzly board. I guess I should have put it here.

I'm also doing the phase 1 from Hoss, with the big difference being I cut all the metal parts first. I don't have a 3D printer, but I have a CNC Sherline(/A2Z CNC) system. I cut everything on that.

But your motors, breakout board from CNC4PC and the rest sure look very familiar. Tonight I was going over how to wire up everything so the limit switches and the Big Red Switch work with it. And I think I'm on the way to eBay to look at those ballscrews.

My Sherline has the A2Z upgraded XY base. The leadscrews are 4TPI, Teflon coated Kerk screws. They do have a few thou of backlash, though. I was also thinking of looking for other Kerk products.

Bob

Can someone give me a link to Linear Motion on eBay?

When I searched for that name on eBay, there was no result. I eventually made it one word, and now there are four. None of them have anything up for sale.

Needless to say, I'm having a bit of confusion.

linearmotion ( Feedback Score Of 80iconBlueStar_25x25.gif)
2 years 3 months AZ,United States

Close matches:

Member id linear-motion ( Feedback Score Of 10iconYellowStar_25x25.gif)
8 years 6 months Germany
Member id linearmotion01 ( Feedback Score Of 882iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif)
11 years 0 months Germany
Member id linear_motion ( Feedback Score Of 63iconBlueStar_25x25.gif)
9 years 6 months MN,United States

From what was said, I assumed if they weren't in the US, they'd be in China or somewhere else in the Orient.

Thanks,
Bob

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconYellowStar_25x25.gif

iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconYellowStar_25x25.gif

iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconYellowStar_25x25.gif

iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconYellowStar_25x25.gif

iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconYellowStar_25x25.gif

iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

iconBlueStar_25x25.gif

Bob - Try Linearmotion2008. I think the guy's name is Chai. And I do think he was in China. Just based on the research I've done for my PM25 (research ongoing). Not an endorsement, just what I remember. Hope that helps.

Bob - Try Linearmotion2008. I think the guy's name is Chai. And I do think he was in China. Just based on the research I've done for my PM25 (research ongoing). Not an endorsement, just what I remember. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't show up either. I think I tried every variation of spacing.

Maybe they've closed their eBay account?

Edit to add: I just sent an email to that address farther up the thread. I'll see if I get anything back.

Edit yet again to add: Hoss' DVD says the name on eBay is linearmotionbearings. That doesn't show up on eBay either.

Last edited:
Automation technologies sells the ballscrews as well. They order them to hoss spec from chai.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't show up either. I think I tried every variation of spacing.

Maybe they've closed their eBay account?

Edit to add: I just sent an email to that address farther up the thread. I'll see if I get anything back.

They are listed under linearmotionbearings2008 and have at least 100 listings. I posted Chai's email address to which you sent the email. Keep in mind the time difference when waiting for a response.

This is the email address I use for Chai. cgxfred@aliyun.com

I have dealt with him several times and have always been very pleased with his service.

I just heard back with an informative email, and their store is:

http://stores.ebay.com/linearmotionbearings

I'm not sure why it wasn't showing up in my searches, but maybe because I was searching by seller and not by eBay Stores?

The next thing on my list is to build my controller box, and maybe a computer. My Sherline is running Mach3 on a 1 GHz XP box that's cut off from the outside world, with nothing on it except Mach3. Not sure what else I can put together in a hurry.

But before that, I've got to finish painting the kitchen!

Bob

But before that, I've got to finish painting the kitchen!

Bob
That's funny. I was remodeling a bathroom when I first started this project which slowed me down quite a bit. Gotta keep the wife happy right?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back