Grizzly G0704 power feed

C'mon, kb ... kd does have a valid grump about the cost of shipping, considering how small and light a set of motor brushes is. I'd grump about it, too, if I had to buy a set.
Oh I get it, but it's sort of along the lines of being "first world problems." So the cost of shipping versus the part is ridiculous, what's the solution? Argue with the company that they need to lower the shipping fees, throw out the machine as "unfixable", drive there and pick them up, or find a cheaper hobby? A possible solution is to carefully measure the existing brushes and try to find them elsewhere, but then you get into what your time is worth. Also, after finding them elsewhere, there's a fair chance that that seller has high shipping prices, too. I've been where you are, but at the end of the day, the cheapest solution is to just buy them and move on.

It used to be you could call grizzly parts for small parts and They would ship it much lower than the online minimum. Not any more. And commercial shipping is a whole lot less then. you ore I can ship.

To top it off, the brushes they sent have the right # on the pkg. But are way to big.

it is maddening to get the wrong parts BUT-
Brushes are just carbon!!!

i have modified larger brushes to fit into smaller brush holders

brushes can be whittled down and finish sanded into the desired shape

Unfortunately the spring and contact pad is to large also.

Time to call the dreaded customer support. I've never had to go to Grizzly's but I've always gotten the right part from them online. It must have been a superseded #.

I once bought one of their old cabinet saw's on CL and not till I got it home did I realize the worm gear in the cast iron arbor had broken teeth. I guess it had been outside and must have frozen up and they cranked on it and broke the teeth. They didn't make that saw anymore or stock the part :( I ended up cannibalizing the whole saw and sold the Beismier fence it had on it for what I paid for the saw. Lucked out.

To update this, It seams that all of grizzly's brushes in stock are the wrong part to fit the motors. So now I have to wait for a new shipment and hope they come in right size.

Here's hoping they get it right. It's weird how when things go schwangle they seem to continue that way with some kind of strange inertia.

Back