Grizzly G0824

Started this thread in February, finally got my PM 1340GT in August and today spun the spindle under power for the first time! Spent a lot of time (and as it turned out money too) spinning my wheels to get a VFD installed. I ultimately went with Mark Jacobs control system and it went in seamlessly and the VFD programmed easily. I'm still screwing around as I had the box to house the input power and VFD, fuses etc made commercially and the guy did not build quite what I wanted so want to get it exactly right before I move the lathe into it's final position and get it set up and leveled (access to the panel will be fairly restricted once the lathe is back in position). Buddy of mine bought the 1440 BV from Matt at PM and while the lathe has turned out nicely he did have some fun getting the chuck to seat as properly. It does have a variable speed drive, DRO and full 2" bore for a hell of a good price too. Both lathes the 1440 BV and the 1340GT have ultimately turned out to be pretty nice machines.

Started this thread in February, finally got my PM 1340GT in August and today spun the spindle under power for the first time! Spent a lot of time (and as it turned out money too) spinning my wheels to get a VFD installed. I ultimately went with Mark Jacobs control system and it went in seamlessly and the VFD programmed easily. I'm still screwing around as I had the box to house the input power and VFD, fuses etc made commercially and the guy did not build quite what I wanted so want to get it exactly right before I move the lathe into it's final position and get it set up and leveled (access to the panel will be fairly restricted once the lathe is back in position). Buddy of mine bought the 1440 BV from Matt at PM and while the lathe has turned out nicely he did have some fun getting the chuck to seat as properly. It does have a variable speed drive, DRO and full 2" bore for a hell of a good price too. Both lathes the 1440 BV and the 1340GT have ultimately turned out to be pretty nice machines.

I can't imagine having a machine sitting around for four months and not having at least powered it up! It would be like placing a steak in front of my dog and telling him" No!". You have some kind of will power!

Back