Grizzly G1276 Combo Sander

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys, I lucked out for once. I got this Craig's List deal for $450. It was never used, I had to do all the first time set-ups. Sometimes life is good. ;) This is a great up-grade from my little Delta.

At first I was concerned that the 1750 RPM was the wrong choice for metal. Now I think I will be OK. Do any of you guys use the 3500 RPM model for metal? What do you use for deburring?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/category.aspx?key=550001

Sander_Grizzly_1.JPG Sander_Grizzly_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
author=dalee link=topic=2685.msg18375#msg18375 date=1310131638
Hi,

Great pick up! These things are great for hand shaping radii and tweaking angles. I really wish I had one. I think a 1750 motor should be fine. Everyone here talked me out of using a 3450rpm motor for a home built disc sander.

dalee

Thanks Dale,
Can you give more detail on this, you know, the pros and cons of 1750 vs 3500 RPMs for metal? Or is there a thread you can reference? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Randy,

Great score on a $725 machine!

Those are awesome to have. I bought a bear up Toolcraft for $75, but it needs a ton of work (not that good of a machine when new).

I would go with the slower speed 1725- same as the max lathe speed. Holland in his lathe video for AGI sharpens HSS lathe tools on a machine like that, except of course, he uses the Buzzcraft or whatever the top of the line machine maker is called. Those combo machines are awesome to have.

Best,

Nelson

author=dalee link=topic=2685.msg18597#msg18597 date=1310396847
You are using coated products aren't you? It will make your discs and belts work better and longer when working with hard materials like steels.

You know, I don't think I am. Which coatings would you recommend? I am all ears. Thanks for your input, I greatly appreciate your knowledge.

WOW! Great info Dalee. I have always been a 3M guy, they definitely make quality. I really believe in the saying "You get what you pay for". The cheap stuff just doesn't last or work as well. Thanks again for the great info.

Back