Grizzly G9972 (no 'Z') and Grizzly Tech Support

For some it's no risk: I am capable of making a part that breaks. Short of a headstock or bed of course. Never quite understood that argument, but that's just me. :)

I agree, I could have fabbed the parts but at the price Grizzly charged...it was just too eazy to purchase what they had.

I contacted grizzly tech support and was handed to an "old timer" that remembered the G9972 (no Z) and parts are still available, but you need to call them, get the parts list, then get them to send the original factory manual. Fantastic Support once you get the right people who know where to look! :) I ordered half nuts (an imperial 8tpi was missing, don't use it with only one). I also picked up metric half nuts ($1.00 for the pair) and a metric lead screw to match so I can not properly thread both metric and imperial (inch) threads.

I have attached the manual, and the parts list.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• g9972_fm.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • g9972_fpl.pdf
    547.3 KB · Views: 6
Thank you so much for sharing!!! I am a brand new hobbyist to the lathe world and found out my buddy has one of these. I love when people share important info!!!! Here's to my first lathe!!!:):)

Back