Grizzly Pennsylvania Closed?

I was looking to take a ride out to the Muncy store in January and was quite surprised when I looked online and found out they closed the store. I bought my mill, mini-lathe and 4x6 bandsaw from there. Sure was nice being able to go and pick it up. A nice drive ending in new 'toys'. Oh well. I've always been a bit curious as to why they picked there instead of closer to Philly or Stroudsburg (closer to NJ/NY). Centroid is out near Muncy so maybe they were hoping for more cnc sales?

I know this is an old post but I just wanted to say tat I feel the same way about Grizzly closing. For the last three years a buddy of mine and I would go to their spring tent sale. It is a 4 1/2 hr. drive so we would get a room in Williamsport the night before and be to the tent sale when they open. I never bought anything except saw blades and small hand tools from the vendors tents out side but I always went inside to the show room and purchased new equipment. The first year I bought a G1029Z dust collector. The second year I bought a 12 1/2 " bench top planer and a G0459P drum sander. And the last year I bought the Go759 Mill with DRO plus I bought the power feed, a set of R-8 collets. That is just what I bought. My buddy over the 3 years bought substantially more equipment than I on those three trips. Needless to say, I probably won't be buying any more Grizzly equipment unless it is used and local to me. I really like looking at something before I buy. Here is a picture of the mill. The shop is a mess now and more cluttered and crowded than ever since my most recent acquisition I posted about else where. Here is a picture of that too
Grizzly G0759 mill (640x427).jpg DoAll_3 (640x427).jpg

I feel the same way. I don't think I will buy any more. You have Matt here in PA in Pittsburg and The outfit in Conn and I think they just handle mills.

Darn. I had always planned to visit the Grizzly PA store but never could find the time. It was high on my list for "as soon as I retire".

Well now I guess you have to make the pilgrimage to Missouri.

When I moved from the East coast to WA three years ago, I wish I had stopped by the PA store on my way; didn't realize at the time that the PA and MO showrooms were so much bigger than the one here in WA. I figured that I could just come to Bellingham whenever I wanted. But they don't have near the selection of metalworking equipment here.

Last edited:
Grizzly was at minimum a monthly trip for me. I would drop my wife off at a craft store and spend time there. It was nice to see and handle the tools and parts. I need a router bit and don't know how to measure what I need to order so now I have to drive about 1 1/2 hours to match one to the profile I'm trying to duplicate.
On the plus side my tool spending has slightly decreased.

I also miss the Grizzly PA store. I would visit a couple of times a year. I have not purchased anything from them since they closed the store. I would have purchased some things if I could have driven to the store to pick them up. Now they are another mail order company for me, and I have been giving my business to other mail order vendors like Shars, CDCO.

Back