Grizzly White/cream Colored Paint Equivalent?

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've searched but haven't found an answer yet. I know the Rustoleum Hammered Dark Green is probably the closest for the green color paint Grizzly uses on their machines. What about the white, or some folks say it's cream, color? I brought a piece of my G4003G lathe into the stores to find a close match but no luck so far. Anyone have any luck matching the white/cream color? Thanks.

I have a PM-932 mill that needed some touch up on the cream colored pieces. I went to my local auto paint store and they mixed me a quart to match.

Tom S.

Hey Splat,If it were me I'd first call Grizzly and see if they sell there paint which probably painted in Taiwan but they might have some touch up paint or if you can get a big enough piece to take to a paint shop with a computer that tell you how to mix the paint for that color,that's my 2 cents .

Thanks guys. I know they can shoot it and get it really close but I don't need a quart. I guess it'll have to be though.

Valspar Tractor & implement - International Harvester White #5339-15. I got mine from Rural King to paint the spokes on my G759 because they kept rusting from my sweaty hands. Grizzly does have touch up paint available. I got some to cover scratches on my G602 by the delivery gorillas.

Grizzly does sell spray paint for their machines but I am not sure what they charge for it.

Thanks Larry/Baithog. I'll see about that Valspar one.

I went to both Lowes and HD and neither could color match to oil based paint. Rustoleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover in Almond is pretty damn close to the Grizzly "white", or cream color, but it's latex. I figure it won't hold up long, especially to cutting coolant. Amazon has the Valspar IH White in a quart but I've not seen anyone else mention that as a match. I'm going to Ace Hardware now and will see what they've got. If no luck then I'll be going the Amazon way.

I have a good match for my G0602. Unfortunately, the paint was touch up from a satellite dish company back in the eighties so there is no practical way of replicating it.

You could mix your own. Paint tints/pigments are available on line. Start with a quart of white enamel and add pigment to get your desired color. You could get a leg up from a sympathetic DIY by having them scan a sample and give you the formula.

Here is a place to start looking. http://www.toolocity.com/tenax-universal-coloring-paste.aspx?gclid=COma97yywc4CFQiLaQod2wEBpQ

Back