Group Project: Dividing Head - Organization and Design

You'd could pick up D016, D017, and D018. They're all small pieces.
I can. 17 and 18 i have issue with though due to needing the mill. I just dont want to have to many parts half finished and waiting for a mill

I can. 17 and 18 i have issue with though due to needing the mill. I just dont want to have to many parts half finished and waiting for a mill
I believe the only thing you would need the mill for would be the dowel hole?
f it gets to that point, you could mail them to me for that feature, and I could assemble them in their parts.

@Shotgun yea it would be the dowel holes for those parts. I have other parts that will be in waiting for a mill so the dowel hole wouldnt be really bad but if it comes to it i will/can send it to you.

Hey, what does Solidworks say the weight of the worm gear would be in brass? How would you feel about machining Everdur (Silicon Bronze 95% Cu)
Robert

Edit:
EVERDUR-1010 is a copper-silicon-manganese alloy having the combination of high strength, workability, good machining qualities and corrosion resistance. It is non-magnetic, highly resistant to fatigue, and can be satisfactorily fusion welded.

I can buy 16 lbs of Everdur for $120 but I also have some laying around. Everdur is WAY easier to cast than high zinc brasses.
Robert

Last edited:
Hey, what does Solidworks say the weight of the worm gear would be in brass? How would you feel about machining Everdur (Silicon Bronze 95% Cu)
Robert
Never done it... as long as I can machine it with HSS, I don't mind it, though the concern would be whether Shotgun's homemaid hobber will do the work on it.

I believe the only thing you would need the mill for would be the dowel hole?
f it gets to that point, you could mail them to me for that feature, and I could assemble them in their parts.

Those dowel holes could also be done in a 4 jaw on the lathe to get the offset.....

Robert

Edit:
EVERDUR-1010 is a copper-silicon-manganese alloy having the combination of high strength, workability, good machining qualities and corrosion resistance. It is non-magnetic, highly resistant to fatigue, and can be satisfactorily fusion welded.

I can buy 16 lbs of Everdur for $120 but I also have some laying around. Everdur is WAY easier to cast than high zinc brasses.
Robert

If you can give me some rough dimensions of your pattern I can give you that weight.

The weight I have access to now is the fully machined weight.

For the machined part;
Mass = 1.6052 pounds
Volume = 5.2272 cubic inches

I could but i dont see a 4 jaw for this little lathe in my future any time soon

Edit: not to mention i would have to find one as well for my lathe at a decent price.

Last edited:
Back