Group Project: Small sliding bar clamp

I agree that a test part for staking would be smart! I will take photos of my two clamps; they are staked differently.

The taper on the top is hard to machine in a second op would everyone be fine without the taper on the top but with a radius on the corner?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 21
Ok with me!

The tubes are dead on 0.5000"

Here's the two types of staking I have.
0f9f841dccda3237b47dd9c46abf77ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

working on the parts, bought the stock and have 6 cut, and starting to machine them to size. hope to have them shipped out this week because I will be gone next week.

Oh, I didn't realize we were a go. I'll get some stock and get moving. :) I'm planning on 12 parts. I'm fine making more if needed.

Any thoughts on how to spread the parts? Maybe a variation on the pass-along box? That way everyone only ships twice (since the box has to make two laps)?

Any thoughts on how to spread the parts? Maybe a variation on the pass-along box? That way everyone only ships twice (since the box has to make two laps)?

i think we ship the parts to you and you assemble them and we pay the shipping to the next person in line for the box, then they grab their 2 clamps and ship it out. I am almost ready to ship out my parts might have to ship them after next week because I can't drive yet and we don't have much time to go to the post office.

Last edited:
I'm getting 0.506 right now on test holes for the moving jaw. The print calls out 0.506+0.003-0. Unless someone has a concern, I'll use that setting on the boring head moving forward. With checks along the way, of course.

That's a winner! The bar is 0.500, and the originals were 0.506" bore.

Back