Hafco AL900A lathe, is anyone able to identify what it really is?

Me too, me too! Shen Wai manuals seem to be unobtainium.....

I dunno.......if you ve ever seen his workshop,you wouldnt have great expectations......he used to run trucks ,and evry intersting broken piece the drivers brought in used to sit on the lunch table,untill it could hold no more ,and was put outside and a "new" table sourced from kerbside cleanup.One time a driver was flaming flies with a spraycan of oil and the table caught fire.,and spread to the huge stacks of paperwork going back to the sixties.....the shed was saved,tho......Now ,he volunteers as a busdriver for pensioner outings,driving groups ten years younger than him around on day trips......but I will ask.

John, Thanks. My shop might look like that to others but I mostly know which pile things are in. That said I think I have the book for my Shinwai somewhere. I may have put it in a special place. :oops:

Hi Dgrev,
Trying to look for info on my lathe, and i came across this forum, looks like i have the exact same lathe as you, although i have no idea how to use it. Do you have a link for the manuals that you found for it still on hand at all?

Regards, Trent.

Here she is

52508028_762903430759502_5067075396457988096_n.jpg

52598041_632531877193887_3949696227989258240_n.jpg

Trent

Looks good.

Wonder how the forward/reverse lever got snapped off?

I do not have links for any Shenwai manuals unfortunately they seem to be unobtainium.

I have downloaded numerous manuals for other lathes. By snippet here and a snippet there, I can get most of the information as
there is a lot of commonality.

No idea where they came from, but I will list the file names and if you do a google search you can hopefully find them.

If that fails get back to me and I will try and attach them here, but don't know if the forum will reject them due to size?

enco 12x36 510-2583 Lathe Manual.pdf
Manual_Jet-Lathe-1024P(S)-&-1236P(S).pdf
PL300 _cz1224_1237.pdf
276-62754-B441.pdf
AL960B L237D - Instruction Manual.pdf
Enco Manual 110-2034.pdf
m1112_m .pdf - may help to put "Shopfox" in search parameters also.

Regards
Doug

Last edited:
It's been a while but I have news. Yesterday while looking for something else in my shop I found the Operating Instructions book for my Shinwai SW-900B. It is smaller than I remembered 5"X 7" and 12 pages,14 counting the electrical diagram. Some of the illustrations will probably not be readable if I just enlarge and copy it but if there is interest here I'll spend some time on it and see if I can post a good copy here. I has some very helpful information. A least it was helpful to me.

OK, Doug, I'll start working on it. I was looking at it last night when I posted and some of the figures and writing is so small that I think I will have to completely remake some of the pages. I'll take it to a professional print shop in town today and see if they can enlarge it. I'll get it here as soon as I can. I recounted and It's 16 pages with the spec page and table of contents.

Sixball. As much as I would like a copy of the manual, I don't want you to be spending lots of money on this.
From what I have seen, a 16 page lathe manual (other brands) usually doesn't have much in depth info. Just all the normal warnings etc. that are in all manuals from all brands.
Unless that is, SW did things differently?
Regards
Doug

Back