Hafco AL900A lathe, is anyone able to identify what it really is?

I left it at the copy shop yesterday. They said they thought they could make clean enlarged copies. It won't be a big expense. There is no earth shaking information. Reading it will not make one a journeyman. It does cover changing spindle speed, power feed controls, etc. I think it would be a good addition here as this is the most informative thread on these machines I have found. It's good to have as much information in one spot as we have. What others have posted here has been a great help to me. I'll do a bit of payback. Tom :cool:

I picked up the copies today. They are far better than I expected and everything is clear. The illustrations are actually better than the originals. Now I have to figure out how to best get that clarity here. One thing I noticed while looking them over is that there is no brand name anywhere,. Not Shinwai, Hafco, Best Way, Jet...........nothing Just SW 900B. I'll get it on here soon.

Tom.
Excellent.
If your scanner gives an output of .jpg files around 0.750mb to 2mb per page, that should work.
.png is a good format.
But shy away from PDF if you can, that "locks" the file and does not allow resizing etc.

Regards
Doug

Will tis work or should I try it again?

Attachments

• Scan 12.jpg
    Scan 12.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Tom.
All good thanks.
I was able to download them easily.
Many thanks for the trouble you have gone to.
Regards Doug

You are welcome Doug. I hope this will help you and others with these machines.

Tom.

Who knows, maybe somebody will surface with a SW-900A manual after seeing what you
have done.

Effectively however, it is just the tumbler gears and switch panel that make the difference between the 2 versions as far as I can tell.

Regards
Doug.

I have not seen another with the same switch set up as mine. The manual doesn't show switches. I don't know about the gear difference.

Back