Hamiton Sensitive Drilling Machine

MattM

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Just bought one on eBay for $150,00. Shipping from the east coast will be $179.00. Seems to be complete and in running order. Never heard of one until I read about it in the Jan/Feb issue of Home Shop Machinist. After a little research I just had to have one. Anyone else traveled this road? I notice there is no down stream forum for this manufacturer.

Just bought one on eBay for $150,00. Shipping from the east coast will be $179.00. Seems to be complete and in running order. Never heard of one until I read about it in the Jan/Feb issue of Home Shop Machinist. After a little research I just had to have one. Anyone else traveled this road? I notice there is no down stream forum for this manufacturer.

Your commas, and decimals have me confused

For what I do it’s not needed, should drill some good small holes , whatya gona drill with it ?
Where gona need pics.

I have a 20s A. Muelhmatt; I believe Hamilton bought them out and incorporated much of the features of the Muehlmatt into their later designs. For tear down and refurbish, I managed to find the original patent with a little google-fu which included a very complete diagram. I don't think I took many pics when I did the tear down -- I can check tomorrow when I have access to my computer again.

-Steven

Your commas, and decimals have me confused

$150.00+$179.00=$329.00 which is my cost. Didn't see any commas.

Don't really have any present use for drilling small precision holes. Maybe I'll just restore it and move it along.

If anyone is interested there is a definitive article on these machines in the Jan/Feb issue of Home Shop Machinist. Many pictures.

I wonder if there is any connection between the Hamilton drill press and the Dumore drill press?

Back