Hand filing tips from a master craftsman

I got excited for a second, thought there was a new video up by CS. Been a while since he's posted a new video, hope he's ok.

Man did it hurt watching him grind away the edge on what im gonna assume were expensive files but the reason makes perfect sense, thanks for posting.

He makes it look too easy. Thanks SAVARIN!
Old shaky hands don’t make it any easier though.

The Grumpy OLD Guy

I love his videos, no, he hasn’t poster for a while.

Have to watch it again as there were way to many things going on that maybe you guys who are subscribers already had him explain. Particularly the roughing of the surface to gauge your cuts but I was also fascinated by the idea of the pads on the top of the vise to help guide my hands once I got the angle of the dangle right so I could get some consistency. Great stuff.

Very cool vid with a lot of good advise. As a "sort of" bike frame builder my goal is to do the prep work and joining (brazing in my case) so that filing is minimized. Still I find myself spending hours on each frame with a file in hand. :) Andy

Been a while since he's posted a new video, hope he's ok.
ClickSpring sent a message to his Patreon supporters that he’s been working on a research paper for the Antikythera Mechanism, and was putting his Patreon support on hold. I suspect he’s also put his YouTube videos on hold for the same reason.

Back