Handgun purchased in Chicago Same Day as St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I picked up this Colt Revolver a while back. It was originally purchased new in Chicago on the same day as the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, February 14, 1929.

The hardware store from which it was purchased, Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett, & Co., was located about 1 1/2 miles from the warehouse where the gangland shooting took place.

It is a Colt Police Positive model chambered for the Colt .38 New Police (.38 S&W) cartridge.

Attachments

• Colt Police Positive.jpg
    Colt Police Positive.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 107
$21.75 I wish I had a time machine That is a beautiful pistol and a nice little time capsule

I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express…..

oh….beautiful gun. I really like Colt Police Positives. And that one is really nice.

I dated Ralf Naders niece for almost 3 years after my divorce in 2011. Ha ha

For those who might be interested, here are some photos of the Chicago locations relating to the above mentioned Massacre.

The first is a map of Chicago showing the location of the hardware store where the above revolver was purchased, the purchaser's location, and the location of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

The second is a photo of the warehouse where the shootings occurred, taken prior to its demolition.

The third photo shows that same location as it appears today.

Attachments

• Map2.jpg
    Map2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • Massacre site as of 1959.jpg
    Massacre site as of 1959.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Massacre site today.jpg
    Massacre site today.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Back