• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

Handsome old Cincinatti Bickford Super Service Drill Press

benmychree

John York
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I ran one of those when I was an apprentice; no worries of belts slipping or overloading it.

Martin W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Yes sir that is a nice unit.
Cheers
Martin

benmychree

John York
In this day of CNC, I am surprised that it went for that much, must have been competition in the bidding ---

kb58

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Yeah that seems high for a drill press, especially since a small mill can do the same thing AND do milling for the same or less money.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
In this day of CNC, I am surprised that it went for that much, must have been competition in the bidding ---
Bidding went on for a bit. Ended up going to an on-line bidder.
Seemed to me it was between him and someone there on-site.
Some of the 20yo CNCs went cheap. I was thinking to myself that they were prime candidates for Dawson's Controls.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
Grab some more picts when I went to pick up my Junque.
Sweet machine.
Auctioneer was telling me that this style usually goes for a good buck especially in middle TN. -Surprising.

0626201317__R.jpg ... 0626201317a__R.jpg ... 0626201317b__R.jpg ... 0626201317c__R.jpg ...
0626201317e__R.jpg

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
There was a Index Mill there also that went for only $200.00 -- with the vise...
0626201322__R.jpg ... 0626201322a__R.jpg

hman

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Dan -
Congratulations! Your drill press looks like a real beast. And PS - nice looking two-tone paint job on the motor :)

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock