Happy Mardi Gras!

A

Alan H.

Forum Guest
Register Today
Yes, the season is upon us! Mardi Gras season and my wife loves it. I take her to a few events each year here in our area of LA (Lower Alabama). This was Friday evening's parade and ball for the Order of Inca in Mobile.

Many folks do not know it but Mardi Gras was well established and celebrated in Mobile before New Orleans discovered it. It is a big deal for the city and region each year.

Order of the Inca parade and ball. Yes, I had a some wheated bourbon to calm my nerves.

IMG_20180202_183553.jpg

IMG_20180202_184630.jpg

IMG_20180202_184301.jpg

IMG_20180202_185852.jpg

IMG_20180202_201819.jpg

IMG_20180202_201610.jpg

Ball.jpg

Roosters court.jpg

You yaw take a week off from work in Alabama as they do in Louisiana? The company I consult for near Lafayette, take almost a full week off for Mardi-Gras. And later in the month the Chinese new year takes place. It makes a really short month for me income wise.

Ken, Mardi Gras day is typically a holiday for many companies here in the area. And many employees take vacation time to make for long weekends, etc. As you know Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras day) is always on a Tuesday so lots of folks are off the Monday as well. But you really don't see companies that just shut down.

Guess the Lafayette oil patch has got enough money to do it up right and it is a big deal in S. Louisiana. I have visited Thibidoux during carnival season and it was a hoot. I don't remember them shutting any businesses down but it was definitely a celebration.

Back