Happy solstice

Sweet! The days will start getting longer again!

I know, I know, the days are still 24 hours, but at least we will start getting more daylight each day! Now for you poor chaps down there in Oz, well, your days are starting to get shorter. :cower:

And we don't have to mess with a Leap Second on NYE, either :)

Dave H. (the other one)

Terry said " I know, the days are still 24 hours, but at least we will start getting more daylight each day! Now for you poor chaps down there in Oz, well, your days are starting to get shorter."

True for half of the earths creatures at least. Some like our compatriots down under see it as just the opposite.

Oh well, in six months the shoe will be on the other foot, right?

I make a point of celebrating today. Summer is on the way.
And Terry...why remind me about the worst day of the year????? <grin>

I celebrate like a Druid, build a big fire, cook some meat,drink some wine, and stare at the sky, Ursa Major looks like you can reach out and touch it, I'd really like to see the Southern Cross someday.

and some people even have their birthday on this day. Daughter and brother in law are two I know.

I celebrate like a Druid, build a big fire, cook some meat,drink some wine, and stare at the sky, Ursa Major looks like you can reach out and touch it, I'd really like to see the Southern Cross someday.
I'd like to see the southern cross myself.
(i must be some kinda druid, because i often party like that- except it's usually a BBQ and substituting Stella Artois for wine! :grin: )

Back