Harbor freight 12 inch disc sander :)

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
I've wanted a bigger disc sander for a bit and after after bunch of research and youtube I got the hf unit with the 25 percent off coupon on the 4th. I must say I'm am pleasantly surprised it does very well removeing metal even with the disc that came on it .for the longest time I'm thought HF used actual sand in thier sand paper lol .its nice and heavy weighs 80 pounds only drawback is the table is aluminum but it is flat. I've pondered making a better table or maybe buying a replacement table from another unit since it looks to be a clone of those that come with a cast iron table.20180707_005620.jpg so far I really like it :) I've tested some random pieces of 1/4 and 3/16 and I can push it in and it just keeps going :)

I like mine. Bought it several years ago, finally the power switch failed. That's been the only problem.

I found a cast iron drill press table that I used to replace the aluminum table. Much nicer surface to work with.

I've had one for quite a while. My only problem with it is that the platen was warped. I bought it as a display unit, so there was no returning it. I dissasmebled it, made a mandrel for it and faced it on the lathe, then used the drill press to ballance it. It has worked well ever since. One thing I recomend is buying quality (and they are a bit pricey) disks. Changing them is such a chore you don't want to have to do it any more often than possible.

Back