Harbor Freight 4 x 24 belt sander

visenfile

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Apologies for missing this forum. I mentioned this problem as a new item under "tooling forum." I have a Bauer 4 x 24 belt sander which is powerful, but whose speed control is erratic, wanting to race when put in the lowest speed setting ("1" on the dial). This is my third try at an HF belt sander. A year ago I had a similar problem with their 4 x 24 belt sander and returned 2 of them. I noticed that sander model disappeared completely. This sander seems identical under another brand name. Harbor Freight refuses to publish my critical 3 star , recommend buy, review, as "offensive". I kept the unit for its apparent power. At $99 it still may be worth it. I should have kept its sibling last year which was around $69.

modified the bigger belt sander several years ago...

ac motor is 1 1/2 hp 220 ac

use Zirconia belts

measuring tape belt sander.JPG

did not use disc sander part, got a better disc sander than this junker

6x48 belt sander pulleys.jpg

Charl

Harbor Freight refuses to publish my critical 3 star , recommend buy, review, as "offensive".
I've been watching for a two or three star I put up there for a diamond grinding wheel a few days back and haven't seen that one either, but I definitely didn't say anything offensive in it. I hope they're not doing that now. That was one of the things I really appreciated when I first started getting stuff from them. They seemed to let everything through, so you could easily tell what to stay away from.

Take Care

Not one single less than 4 star review I have left has ever been published on their site. None were offensive and most included photos of the defects. Won't waste my time writing reviews for them again.

Well, I asked about it on their website if you can make any sense of this:
Thank you for contacting Harbor Freight Tools.

We do know that they are reviewed and that there are rules and regulation to add an review.
Hope it's OK to post that here.

Back