Harbor Freight 44991 help

budzy

Registered
Registered
I have the 44991 and was using it and it got stuck and by the time I got to the emg with it blue a fuse. I then replace it and turned it off and back on and it ran full speed with no speed control and then heard a pop and it died. Anyone know where to get another speed control board or what how to repair my board. I went to mylittlemachineshop but they don't have any boards listed. I don't see anyone with the same problem on here. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

It is 44991 (shown above) Harbor Freight mini mill

If I recall we had a member named RalphXYZ who had found someone who repairs boards like those- I'll see if I can locate his posts
Mark

Last edited:
Wow! That's cheap

Hope I never need his services but when I do, I'll probably have to come here and ask for a reminder!

The chap mentioned by mark in post #6 does good work with reasonable turn around. I picked up a used HF mini lathe years ago as a lark, rarely used it but it did a fill the 2nd lathe category for me. Went and moved and after that it would not start, I could not figure which diode or cap was out so reluctantly sent my board in to him. lathe works as it should now.

I had olduhfguy repair the board on my 44991 about three years ago haven't had any problems since. Quick shipping too and it had to go all the way across the US twice.

Bob

Back