Harbor Freight 44991 Mini Mill Dimensions?

ctgull

Registered
Registered
I have a 44991 coming in 5 days. I haven't been able to find any dimensions of it anywhere. Mounting, over all, work envelope, etc. I'd like to be able to figure out where to mount it ahead of time.

Does anyone have a drawing of it, or could take some measurements?

I can check out the measurements later tonight but the footprint is not horrible. I have mine on top of the hf wooden work table the sell with the 4 drawers. The mill takes up 1/4 to 1/5 of the table. That probably doesn't help much so when I get home I'll grab some measurements.

Thanks! It looks to be about the size of my drill press.

Its actual Footprint is about 1.5sqft at the base and stands approximately 24"-30" tall so it doesnt take up much space.

I'm not sure of the model number for the one I have. Assuming any such machine will be similar, I will speculate it to be the general size of a small to medium drill press.

The one exception would be the travel of the X-Y table. That's what chews up any bench space allotment. I would look, in the ad, for a PDF of a specification sheet. Somewhere in that document will be a general footprint and the milling table space required.

Bill Hudson​

I have the PowerFist branded version. Looks identical but there most likely are a few alterations to it, so I'm hesitant to give specs on it ATM. Ohh, and it's still in pieces, for 3.5 months.

Takes 3 months just for a single replacement (has to come from overseas I think), and then another long wait from your local distribution center to YOU. And that's assuming they even send you the correct replacement parts! LOL

All you can do is laugh sometimes (and wait).

I apologize for my delay but i just took the measurments and my base measures roughly 8 1/2" by 12". But as someone stated, the table does take up additional room on a bench and measures roughly 15" in length. The height when fully raised is just under 30". Mine is the HF 44991 model and I have been satisfied with it thus far and have completed many projects with it. It more or less started this "itch" I have for machinery/equipment. I went from the mini mill, to a few welders, just purchased a clausing 4914, then ofcourse all the tooling...... I'm fighting the impulse to actively search for a "real mill" and even a surface grinder but if a great opportunity presents itself, I may jump on it. Atleast this addiction is more fullfilling than some of those I've had in my youth and I can atleast pass this stuff down, God willing.

I found a 3D CAD model of the 44991 here. I saved it as SolidWorks files, made a quick drawing with dimensions, and saved it as a PDF to share. I don't know how accurate it is, but it must be pretty close.

Attachments

• MINI MILL ASSEMBLY.PDF
    168.2 KB · Views: 40
Back