Harbor Freight Mill Handwheels

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I have a mill that I need three handwheels for which looks just like the HF mill http://www.harborfreight.com/vertical-milling-machine-40939.html and looking in the HF manual the handwheels looks as if they match but I would like to ask for someone to check their FH mill and see if theirs match what I need.I did send a email to HF and they did respond back saying that they would have to be special order and would take 10weeks and 31.00ea.I'm OK with this unless I order the wrong ones which is where ya'll help is needed.Also are ya'll handwheels plastic or metal,I ask HF that question but they fail to answer it.If you need other pics of what I have please ask,need all the help I can get.I did try Griz but nothing.Thanks----kroll

DSC02400.JPG DSC02401.JPG

My mill hand wheels are pretty much identical to that Kroll. Got the steel bushing moulded into the centre, rest is all plastic. Mine also have a threaded bush set in the rim for a plastic handle to be bolted in. Also have the same ally graduated dial.

Cheers Phil

Check Grizzly also. Their parts are usually cheaper, usually in stock, and the service is excellent.

Mr pete222 on youtube made some aluminum handwheels using an original as a pattern. Might be a worthy project.

Jake Parker

Thanks guys,I am checking at griz and I will check out tubalcain.I hope grizs has them,HF does but their 10weeks out and their plastic----kroll

My brother has the Harbor Freight 40932 mill and one of his complaints were the cheap plastic hand wheels. He says they just felt cheap and impacted his overall feel of the machine. I think he replaced them with a couple from McMaster Carr, they have a pretty good selection on their online catalog.

I ordered a PM-932PDF a while ago and one of the first mods on my list when I receive it is to replace the hand wheels as I really like the ball crank handles on our BP clone at work. I bought a couple of Bridgeport style handles from Ebay a few weeks back. All I will have to do is machine a couple of adapters/extensions.

Mike.

Back