Hard chrome plating service for hobbyist?

nburilov

Registered
Registered
I am looking to get some way slide covers hard chromed (not show chrome) for the column of a surface grinder. All the google results I have reviewed only serve industrial customers. Anyone know of options for hobbyists?

Just call around. Some shops might be willing to sneak you in the back door, especially if local and you bring lunch.

My first thought would be a hydraulic cylinder rebuilders, second would be a engine rebuilder they plate cylinders on 2 strokes. I’ve had it done.

Haven't needed any chrome for years, but. . . Most of my applications were for use on a motorcycle. There are (were) several mcy shops that did chrome plating in my area. They may be particular about who they deal with, some of them consider American Iron the ONLY motorcycles.

I am looking to get some way slide covers hard chromed (not show chrome) for the column of a surface grinder. All the google results I have reviewed only serve industrial customers. Anyone know of options for hobbyists?
It is possible the ads say that to discourage calls from people looking for decorative chrome. Call and ask.

Back