Hardinge HLV-H Threading Problem

GeorgiaDoc

Registered
Registered
Threading on my machine has been going fine. Went to do some threading today and the carriage will not move in the right to left direction when you engage the threading handle. The knob is turned to thread, the half nut is engaged, but the carnage will no move. it will move left to right but not right to left. Any ideas? I am a fairly novice hobby machinist so this is not my typical realm. Any help is appreciated.

Check.if you are against either of the trip stops. Those give funny behaviors when you don't realize you hit them.

You can turn the input to the threading box on the left end of the lathe; where the change gears go. That might help your diagnosis...

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

I consider the HLV-Hs complete junk . If you want , I'll come down and take it off your hands for a minimal fee . J/K . ;) I agree , check your stops .

Talked with Babin Machine. Likely Taper pin sheared. Now to figure out how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

If that's the Babin I have heard about- stay away, far away
Don't accept what he says at face value either

That was it. Finally made it back home, apparently the pin was working its way out and finally bent and fell out. I guess at least I don't have others nightmare that I have read about trying to push a broken pin out. Found the bent pin lying in some cuttings.

If that's the Babin I have heard about- stay away, far away
Don't accept what he says at face value either
That was my first reaction, but then I remembered that there was also a legit business bearing the Babin name. I believe that notorious Al is currently DBA Machine Inventory or some such.

Back