Hardinge lathe type ?

Hi all, thanks for the advice. I'm still in doubt about making a bid, because this seems to be an auction and i think that what you see in the pics is what you get. The auction is in the Netherlands and ends on Monday so i will follow up this one.
There's other machines for sale too : http://www.proveiling.nl/2354/Veili...-cr/24292/Machines-En-Onderdelen/Veiling.aspx
Wondering about the grinder also :thinking:
@ Don B : you can have a go at it too :wavinghi:

Albert

A very old thread , but for 2Gs a piece , I'd take ten of them and never look back !! So what was the outcome ?????

That is called a TFB,or turn,face,bore lathe. BUT NO THREADING. It IS NOT an HLVH. I own an HLVH. My lathe has a quick change gearbox to cut 27 threads,and an infinite number more can be done by adding special change gears to an outboard banjo at the end of the gearbox. Really,the whole lathe is such a simple,but very handy design.

You don't want the TFB unless you can do without threading. And,I think the lathe is too expensive for the model it is.
'
The wide control box on the right hand end tells me that it is an older model,too. My 1964 has that type control box. And,even Hardinges do wear! Newer models have a much narrower box. And cost a LOT.

Back