Hardinge lathe

Brentb1

Registered
Registered
I recently purchased a dv59 hardinge lathe with a 3 jaw, 6 jaw, about 20 collets, some tooling, and face plate. The ways are in good condition and everything moves freely. I am looking to get an idea of price for this lathe as I am going to sell it to get a different lathe that fits my needs a little better. I would be open to trade as well

Screenshot_20170223-233326.png

Only trouble you have is the Hardinage lathe needs ALOT more missing items to make it work for making parts . With what you haven't would only guess the value. If I was looking to buy it I'd be offering $750.00 and that is high. Not trying to put it down it needs the cross slide and or the turret . To buy them it's gonna drink the bank account down another $750.00 or more. You may be smarter to keep it and find another lathe with the same spindle mounts to use the chucks from the Hardinage. 6 jaw chucks are high priced till YA try to sell them . Don't know if this helps but just what I was thinking

Only trouble you have is the Hardinage lathe needs ALOT more missing items to make it work for making parts . With what you haven't would only guess the value. If I was looking to buy it I'd be offering $750.00 and that is high. Not trying to put it down it needs the cross slide and or the turret . To buy them it's gonna drink the bank account down another $750.00 or more. You may be smarter to keep it and find another lathe with the same spindle mounts to use the chucks from the Hardinage. 6 jaw chucks are high priced till YA try to sell them . Don't know if this helps but just what I was thinking
Thanks for the reply, I might just part it out instead of selling as a whole. What do u think the 6 jaw sells for? I know absolutely nothing about this machine,I did some research but prices vary so much it is hard to tell the actual value.

How big , what make is it , which back plate, reversible jaws or two sets. Lots of things determine price and value. But if was me and I was going to get another lathe I'd keep it and get the back plate for the new lathe and set it up for that lathe. But value if it's a top brand name at best you might expect to get would be between $150 to $350 . It all has to do with the buyer and you the seller take less and sell quick or hold out till the right price gets offered. I'd look up what there selling for and go for about the same . Just my thought.

How big , what make is it , which back plate, reversible jaws or two sets. Lots of things determine price and value. But if was me and I was going to get another lathe I'd keep it and get the back plate for the new lathe and set it up for that lathe. But value if it's a top brand name at best you might expect to get would be between $150 to $350 . It all has to do with the buyer and you the seller take less and sell quick or hold out till the right price gets offered. I'd look up what there selling for and go for about the same . Just my thought.
To be honest I have no clue but will do what you said. I really just want my money back or do some bartering. Thanks for the reply

To be honest I have no clue but will do what you said. I really just want my money back or do some bartering. Thanks for the reply

what amount of money do you have invested and what items are you needing in barter---I may be interested in dealing with your purchase-----thanks Dave----you can pm me with your ideas

Back