[CNC] hardinge t42_conquest vs cobra? Diff? Jim d?

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Hi everyone. Hi Jim . ( hope ya get this). There is a cobra t42 for sale just 10 mins from me. Guy in a garage like us. What i am wondering and cannot seem to find is what the difference is between the conquest versus cobra? Anyone know? Tips on what to check. It is under power and we can make a few feet parts.

thanks. Jeff

As near as I can tell the only similarity between the two machines is that they say Hardinge on them. Completely different design, but similar capacity.

As far as what to check, if it runs and makes parts, doesn't make any unusual noises, and looks to be in overall OK condition then you should be good to go. A long chat with the seller is usually the best way to learn about the machine, I bought mine just taking the seller's word that the machine was good. There is really no practical way of checking everything out, but at least it's under power.

Cool.. Thanks! I should just call Hardinge.. it's a mid 90's and should be a fun project if we finally make it happen. hope all is great w/ you and your world! The kid is 1yr from graduation finally! And I'm so busy I don't get to play nearly as much as I like. The Son knows... I get to be employee #1 when his CNC shingle starts making money down the road someday soon I hope :) Peace all!

I think I'll mosy out to the shop and set up the next job on the lathe, maybe run some parts too. Too wet to do any yard work that I don't really want to do anyway :)

Back