Harrison L5 Clutch

Case1

Registered
Registered
Recently, I've bought a Harrison L5. It looks like a mk2 model as far as I can see.
20181001_230446.jpg
It has some issues..
The first thing on my "to do" list is fixing the clutch mechanism. There are a few bits and pieces missing. In the photo's you can see that the clutch lever is not connected.
2018-10-02 22.52.12.jpg
That's missing part #1 (missing link..)
Inside, the pin (red arrow) has to be pushed back to actuate the clutch. The green marked part pushes directly against the pin. My guess is that the pin has to hold some kind of ring/bushing for the green marked part to push against.
2018-10-02 22.50.40.jpg
Can anyone give me some info on this (photo's/drawings??).
Maybe that will also get me to understand how the clutch is supposed to stay engaged when I let go of the lever...

All help is appreciated.

If you join the Yahoo group on Harrison lathes you'll find a user manual in the files section. The diagram of the headstock isn't very clear but might give you a clue as to what you need. Either that or another member of that group with an L5 should be able to take photos of their lathe. Mine's an M300, so no help to you I'm afraid.

Rob

Thank you Rob,

I'll give that a try.

I do have the user manual already. The diagram of the headstock is not very clear indeed.
I did notice that the clutch lever from my machine is not the same as the one in the manual. The one in the manual operates a shaft on top of the headstock.

If I can't get the clutch/brake assembly to work properly, I guess I'll hook it up to a vfd.
That will probably get me the same control plus a wider range of spindle speeds.

Back