Has any body used the Drill Hog drills? Or good other suggestion

Justjoe

Registered
Registered
I was looking to get a new 115pc set of drill's. I been looking at the Drill hog m7 on ebay for $187 or there cobalt set for $282. Has any body had and experience with these's drill bits. They say the are made in the USA and have a life time warranty. Which all sounds nice.

Is the cobalt worth the extra money in the small drill's? I worry about them being easy to break in the small diameters.

If any body has a good suggestions on any other brands, please fill free to chim in.
Thanks Mont

How could they have a lifetime warranty ? :grin: Yes the cobalt is worth the extra $ .

I should have said , warrantied against what ? Do they take them back when they get dull and supply new ones ? If so , never heard of that !

If you register the set by serial number, and break a bit, they replace it. Sharpening, your on your own.....

of course we all know that dull bits break easy ...

Drill Hog cobalt drills hard/any thing like butter. Wish I had bought them 20 years ago. Would have saved lots of money buying the cheap junk. And yes, I broke a 3/8" bit (my fault) and they sent me a new one.
Aaron

If you register the set by serial number, and break a bit, they replace it. Sharpening, your on your own.....

Hmph :) You have to plan on breaking them when dull and not sharpening them then . Drill bits for life ! :encourage:

Buy only the drill bits you need. most dealers will supply you within a couple of days, so order as needed. No point in buying drill bits you won't ever use. Make your own index, a block of wood with holes drilled in it for each drill bit you need, save money for things you need.

I have an M7 and a Cobalt set. If I were buying today, I would go with the Cobalt. The only times I broke one was in a handheld drill. I use the HF bits in the handheld now. :)

I have had a couple replacement bits sent and they were prompt about it and didn't hassle me. Good service and good tools. I wouldn't say they are better than the big names, but they are worth what they charge.

As for buying just the size you need... Eh... I don't know. I'm willing to do that with taps, but I don't know that it's worth it with drill bits. Maybe get one set (fraction, letter or number) and fill in as you go. For larger sizes you can always bore them out, not so much with the little ones.

Mia Culpla, when I began my apprenticeship, I bought the three indexes full of drills. Some have never been used. I now have about 30 used prescription plastic bottles with small sized drills (ordered 6 at a time) of the sizes I normally used. For instance, 1/16th for crimping 1/16th wire in and No. 52 (.0635) for running clearance.

Back