Has any body used the Drill Hog drills? Or good other suggestion

That was answered in post #3. If you break a bit, they replace it.

Well I bought 2 different step drills from driil hog and one I used to day did no cut and kinda burnt up just drilling some C channel.
Will find out soon how the warranty works soon.

I have bought two 115pc sets of Drill Hog cobalt drills and am very happy with them.
I bought one for myself, and one for my work. My guess is that they're factory seconds from some brand name manufacturer, although I don't know that for sure. The drills do not actually say USA on them, but regardless, they appear to be ground from quality material.

I inspected every drill when I received each set and both sets came with around 10 drills with inadequate grinds and/or a slight bend. In both cases I sent a list of sizes to the seller and was sent replacements asap, no questions asked. I was not asked to return the originals.

Now both sets are complete and they cut as good or better than any other name brand cobalt drill. I run the work set on a cnc machine in a variety of materials including stainless and 4140ht with no issues. The ones that have dulled over time have been proffesionally re-sharpened and then continue to cut like new.

I highly recomend the drill hog sets, I doubt you could find a better value. Just inspect them all on receipt and get the rejects replaced. Our apprentice also bought a HSS set of drill hogs which I inspected, and every piece was good in his set.

I have bought two 115pc sets of Drill Hog cobalt drills and am very happy with them.
I bought one for myself, and one for my work. My guess is that they're factory seconds from some brand name manufacturer, although I don't know that for sure. The drills do not actually say USA on them, but regardless, they appear to be ground from quality material.

I inspected every drill when I received each set and both sets came with around 10 drills with inadequate grinds and/or a slight bend. In both cases I sent a list of sizes to the seller and was sent replacements asap, no questions asked. I was not asked to return the originals.

Now both sets are complete and they cut as good or better than any other name brand cobalt drill. I run the work set on a cnc machine in a variety of materials including stainless and 4140ht with no issues. The ones that have dulled over time have been proffesionally re-sharpened and then continue to cut like new.

I highly recomend the drill hog sets, I doubt you could find a better value. Just inspect them all on receipt and get the rejects replaced. Our apprentice also bought a HSS set of drill hogs which I inspected, and every piece was good in his set.
You work in a machine shop and the shop does not supply simple inexpensive sub 1/2" drills for you to do their work?
Small wonder no one wants to be a machinist these days,
That would be like taking a job digging holes with hand held shovels and the employer tells you to bring your own shovel because they do not supply shovels to hole diggers.

How could they have a lifetime warranty ? :grin: Yes the cobalt is worth the extra $ .

I should have said , warrantied against what ? Do they take them back when they get dull and supply new ones ? If so , never heard of that !

If I remember, they warrantee for breakage, but please don’t quote me. I met a Drill Hog guy at Cabin Fever Expo a few years ago

Bernie

You work in a machine shop and the shop does not supply simple inexpensive sub 1/2" drills for you to do their work?...

I buy all the tools for the machine shop (it's part of my job). I use their money, not my own.

Back