Has anyone converted a PM1030 to CNC using Procutcnc pieces?

Firstgear

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I now have a 1030 and want to convert it to CNC, has anyone done this? Anyone use any of the PROCUT CNC pieces either lathe or mill?

My PM25 mill is from Procut CNC. I wouldn't buy a thing from them going forward. 0 communication, everything was always "next week" when I asked about backorder status. The mill was advertised as "in stock", but was more like 6 weeks wait in the end. I had to engage them for every sliver of information, sometimes multiple times before I would get a response.

Had I known about the wait, in the beginning, it would not have been an issue.

The ball screws were bent to hell and I had to rip my mill apart to rebuild it properly right off the bat. Generally, these types of business models take care of typical Chinese manufacturing issues, hence the added premium.

I really wonder how that place stays in business.

With that said, I planned to get the same lathe and convert it myself, but my PM25 has been sufficient for the CNC lathe work I need to do. Very limited as you would expect with doing lathe work on a mill, but it does a great job.

Last edited:
I sent them an email....no reply. I did some searches online.....they all have similar experiences as you.

I sent them an email....no reply. I did some searches online.....they all have similar experiences as you.

That is surprising as he was quite responsive to me until I paid :rolleyes:.

My guess is he has no kits made up and a bunch of people hounding him already.

Will admit, he has quite a nice setup ... just running it very poorly and with a clear lack of pride.

Back