Has anyone made a car engine flywheel from scratch

Like I said, Im not lecturing or judging you... Just pointing out how important the safety is, I think especially since your making it yourself. It's obviously your choice and I wish you luck. Have fun with it..

A ballistic blanket/vest wrapped around bell housing will also serve to protect.

Here in the states it's unheard of for someone to whip up a flywheel. A automatic would be alittle easier I would think. But the starter ring would have to be transplanted from a donor no? Manual alittle more complicated but I can say doable worth the proper materials to start. Where to get the spec measurements??? Just make the trans tunnel out of 1/4" plate shield for some protection. Here I'd just buy one new or hit the junk yards. If their so popular there has to be some in the yards.

What, you don't trust your formidable skills? ;)
Yep go fo
I have a spare engine from a automatic but can't find a flywheel that will fit, to put a clutch on it,( i hate automatic) the engine has a wird 7 bolt pattern also needs to have the crank sensor for the ignition on it, is it possible for me to machine my own flywheel and what material can i use.
Just build it. You can do it!

Here I'd just buy one new or hit the junk yards. If their so popular there has to be some in the yards.
I appreciate the advice, but there's a reason why this engine is sitting for 5-6 years it is an rare engine only used couple of years in FWD cars, infakt this is this engines last effort to get used and not get scrapped, in the US modifying cars is an much easier process, aftermarket parts are available and average monthly income is 90% higher which makes them more affordable.

Back