Hasbrouck no. 10

john9

Registered
Registered
Hi, this is my first post here so I want to show what I'm up to, this is my first large engine build, I've been working on it for about 6 months and its nearing completion, I hope to give it a test run on compressed air before much longer, its stripped down now for final paint and put together,
John._PAS5560.JPG_PAS5562.JPGboring the cylinder.jpg_PAS5572.jpg_PAS5592.jpg_PAS5600.jpg

_PAS5560.JPG _PAS5562.JPG _PAS5572.jpg _PAS5592.jpg _PAS5600.jpg boring the cylinder.jpg

Hi, this is my first post here so I want to show what I'm up to, this is my first large engine build, I've been working on it for about 6 months and its nearing completion, I hope to give it a test run on compressed air before much longer, its stripped down now for final paint and put together,
John.

Very nice work, I'll look forward to future posts an pictures when all is complete...:))

That is looking very good. I have that book and that engine is "on the list".

Cheers

Tom

Hi John, i,m hoping to build one of these, i have plans for the no, 5 , i know the difference is the bigger bore(2in, to 2.250in) is the rest the same?. is it also possible to obtain no, 10 plans? you have done a great job, congratulations, Eric. :whistle:

Hi Eric, thanks for the kind words, the no. 10 is similar to the no. 5 in a lot of ways however there are some parts quite different, the crankshaft and reversing lever are two obvious ones, also need to be able to swing the double cylinder, this was my first large engine and I found it a pleasure with no real problems, however finding a boiler large enough to run it is proving difficult, I should say easy to find hard to pay for, so this will be my last engine of this size,, I have just ordered a 6 inch boiler and will limit the size of future engines to suit the boiler, you can purchase a book of 10 Hasbrouck engines from this site https://secure.villagepress.com/store/items/detail/item/2612 and there is a lot of information on the yahoo Ray Hasbrouck forum,
John.

Very very nice. Beautiful engine! Runs great too. I like that it is reversible, too. Nice work.

john9, you haven't posted in over a month! Please jump in and participate, ask a question, introduce yourself, and get started in our friendly community. We want you to feel right at home. You do not have to worry about being ridiculed for asking a question or not knowing something on our forum! Your input is very important to us here at Hobby-Machinist.com! Boy! what a nag:)) well I've been busy, my new boiler arrived and I made a hand feed pump with tank plumbed in and connected to the boiler check valve, the lubricator is finished and the condenser is half way there, the engine is way too big for this boiler, its just there for show at the moment, this week I start on Hasbrouck #3 which is a good size for the boiler, I've been cutting strips of wood for the lagging on the boiler and wondering what if anything goes between the boiler and wood strips, anyone? that's all for now until I get some of the #3 to show,
John._PAS5628.jpg

_PAS5628.jpg

today I tried the Hasbrouck #3 out on steam, it's nearly finished, this is my third steam engine and the first to run on steam, my next project is a 3 flute whistle for the boiler and then I start on a beam engine from bar stock, my most ambitious project so far, follow link to #3 video http://youtu.be/8OYCBZ4zUEo
John

Now, John, what did you go and do that for? Now I'm really missing my shop. The No 10 is on my project list. Big parts like that will be easy to make.

Nice engine.

Back