Haunyang VFD DOA?

If this unit has only one row of low power connections and no built in pot, it's really an Askpower HY series. If so, set PN32=6 as a first step. This will give you a factory default for a 50hz motor rather than the 400hz spindle.

As a wise man in the Southbend forum once said. they had much bigger horses back then. If this is an old underrated 2HP motor rather than a new highly optimistic 2HP one, I suspect you under-bought. Either way, Askpower or Haunyang, give yourself a little headroom, especially if driving it from single phase. I have a 1HP Cincy mill and a 1.5HP SB lathe, both out of the mid 1950s. I put a 2.2Kw Askpower on each, and couldn't be happier.
Success! I reset unit to 50hz factory default as suggested, the as received default was 400hz. The motor ran. Then I proceeded to set one parameter at a time, testing the motor each time. The one that cause problems was the min. frequency, when set to 30hz, I got the Overcurrent on accelleration fault. Set to 10hz and it worked fine. Evedently the starting ramp up begins at this speed. I don't need to run at this speed as this is driving a paint booth fan and 1/2 speed is the lowest I should ever need. I must say, the Lenze unit I put on my Bridgeport was much easier to get working as I wished. In a fan application I didn't feel sensorless vector was needed so I tried the cheap approach. Thanks all for the advise.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I had one that would not remember settings upon shut down, found out later other people had the same problem and feel the Company was using dead parts for a free 90 day loan. Would not exchange just order another. HA!

Yes, minimum frequency sets the bottom value for both the accel and decel ramps. You could get fancy with the multi-stage settings, but why?

I am curious about one thing. Reading between the lines, it would seem the motor started up with no ramp, default setting, ie straight to 50hz. Yet a ramp starting at 30 would not?

Yes, minimum frequency sets the bottom value for both the accel and decel ramps. You could get fancy with the multi-stage settings, but why?

I am curious about one thing. Reading between the lines, it would seem the motor started up with no ramp, default setting, ie straight to 50hz. Yet a ramp starting at 30 would not?
In default 50hz config., the min frequency is 1.5hz and this is where it ramped up from on a 10 second ramp. It will start at 10hz but not 30. No big issue, with a fan the soft start is nice. I used to have a farm duty single phase on it and when powered up it hammered the hell out of the fan trying to overcome it's enertia. No real benefit to that. I'll have to play with this stepped speed thing, that may be a handy work around. Need to order parts to build a remote box for the booth.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Okay. I was thinking the default was start and stop ramps off. Looks like it's only stop ramp off, PN6.

Back