Have no idea what I'm doing, but want to learn!

I missed the post he apologized. I think he will be fine, contrary to my earlier impression. I think the earlier suggestion to read up on "tolerance" was somehow didn't went through well and got misunderstood. It could be due to being burried in a large reponse. Later on, explanation about the need for higher precision did the trick, whick is regrettedly abit late in the thread. At the end, it appears he successfully made what he wanted to make.

I think there is a lesson learned for us from both sides here. He was explicit about 15 year old, so I would say the response should be straight to the point (such as preface question with reasons for the question, such as due to metal doesn't shrink nor bend as much as wood, although it also does) right in the beginning, versus asking question first.

I am not sure the post above implied me in it, but I came very late to the thread to scan through just to see what it's all about. I missed a few important details when scanning quickly through the 4 pages. So I am sorry if writing that I guessed he may have a rough path in life due to missing one important post he made would be unconstructive. I did voice admiration some people who had patient to keep coming back and explain to him. So that's the gist of what I wrote. He was successful at the end was good to hear.

Those parts look like great candidates for investment casting.

Maybe the OP will come back after summer vacation? Went on a trip with no electronics? Camps like that are getting popular. Off grid somewhere with just outdoors?

Back