Have to see these videos !!! Machine Tool Heaven !!!

I watched them last night. Millions of dollars worth of equipment and tooling tucked away going nowhere.

Joe

Tons of stuff. Disappointed there were only 2 shapers in the whole place.

At 24:51 in the first video they show an item and say "No Idea", it's a Rolls Royce "Dart" turboprop engine.

Lots of cool stuff! Wouldn't you love to wander through that place?

Eric

Last edited:
I made it half way through the first video, impressive! Made me want to do something, so I went out and took my Northern Tool bandsaw apart... lol.

It’s heartbreaking to see those cast iron acorn plates sitting stacked like cordwood, some sitting outside rusting. I guess he’s trying to corner the market to drive the prices up? Or a billionaire hoarder? The whole set of vids were stunning. It was like the elephant graveyard for Old Iron.

I watched part of the first video, and it reminds me of an equipment dealer I regularly visit. Halls seems brighter and cleaner, and it appears they at least "attempt" to clean the machines before putting them up for sale. I wonder if they really have things that widely spaced, or if things were just "staged" for the video.

Almost every dealer I've visited has machinery packed in so tight you have to crawl over things to find the exact one you're interested in. Once you do find it the owner or employee will move it to a position it can be powered up and inspected.

I think they don't sell many of them because they only store those for others (rental storage):

"
It allows machinery to be received and stored in a clean, dry environment until installation is needed. This facility is served by overhead cranes up to 25 tons for easy accessablity. We also provide storage and showroom areas for consigned surplus machinery. There are numerous individual buildings available for long term rental as manufacturing facilities or warehouses."

Back