Having time on your hands is not always a good thing.

Speaking of heat...2 days of 50 degrees this coming weekend. So maybe I can get the wiring done and knock that off the list.

I’m with you Bill, sitting in a chair, recouping from a hip replacement and all I can do is come up with more projects, probably should consider finishing the ones I’m in the middle of anyway.

I have also been trying to draw some prints of a scale model Harley Panhead Motor. Have the left case done but having just a hard time finding a picture I can get some dimensions off of. Wish I had an actual case to measure cause it would be so much easier.
SO that's another project for when I end up sitting either because of the chemo or the weather.

I am looking at a Kobalt at Lowe's that holds over 1200lb. And I can always beef it up a bit with an angle iron outer frame.

Ray,
Here's a few:

Stand for Miller
Wiring for Miller & DRO
DRO Installation
Dividing Fixture
Finish Dials for Atlas
Tool Grinder ( might make it to do 4 facet drills also)
Drill Sharpener (see #6 )
4 inch Sine Bar to fit new vice
Angle Plate that mounts in Vise
Collet Blocks Square and Hex
Boring bar setting fixture
Tailstock Cam Lock

Angle plate that mounts in vise... Hmmmm, now that I think of it, I'd like to make some fixtures to hold the sine plate.

Upon getting a kick-start from you ideas, I also need:
  • Some fixtures that temporarily (and easily/quickly) clamp to the front way of the lathe to hold a magnetic base.
  • To make a flat tab or collar around the tailstock ram so I can indicate off it.
  • A flat plate for the top of the tailstock so my darn mag indicator will stop sliding around.
OK then... good luck chipping away at your list.

Ray

I am looking at a Kobalt at Lowe's that holds over 1200lb. And I can always beef it up a bit with an angle iron outer frame.

Ray,
Here's a few:

Stand for Miller
Wiring for Miller & DRO
DRO Installation
Dividing Fixture
Finish Dials for Atlas
Tool Grinder ( might make it to do 4 facet drills also)
Drill Sharpener (see #6 )
4 inch Sine Bar to fit new vice
Angle Plate that mounts in Vise
Collet Blocks Square and Hex
Boring bar setting fixture
Tailstock Cam Lock
Haha billy you must read all the same threads as me on this sight as my to do list is just about a carbon copy of yours lol i have one extra a new grinder stand for my belt sander and grinder together in one

Well I am 3/4 the way to getting the money for the cabinet. Sold a couple things on Craigslist. Only need to sell 1 more item for at least $40 and I can go get the cabinet. So hopefully something sells before friday when the temp gets to 50.

Well I haven't been able to do much of anything lately. Between the cold and the chemo I have been having a hard time these last few weeks. Also went to cardiologist 2 weeks ago and it seems I was in Afib for 2 days according to my pacemaker/icd. And he can't put me on blood thinners because the chemo lowers my platelet count to the point I can start bleeding. So now I have a higher chance of a stroke until the chemo is done. Hell of a catch 22 situation. I really need some good weather so I can get out into the shop and get my mind off this stuff.

Well since the cold has set in I have nothing to do but sit and think about projects. !

hmmm. many years ago, working at the car dealership, the yankee (from north penna) always put a jacket on way before i did. i asked him about that and he told me that up north no one gets cold except from the house to the car and from the car to "the shop" (or wherever)

If I owned the house I would insulate the garage. Been renting this house for over 20yrs and the rent has never gone up because we get along with the landlady better than any tenants she has had. Plus not a lot of extra money since being in just SS these days.

Back