Motor: 2" Outside diameter
Countershaft drive pulley: 6" Outside diameter

step pulleys: 2 are the same, one is inverted to get speed change
step 1: 4" OD
step 2: 3-3/8" OD
step 3: 2-5/8" OD
step 4: 2" OD

i hope the information is helpful

Thanks Mike! This is very good info to know. I’ve been looking around for a small countershaft assembly to look into cobbling a drive chain together. No dice so far, well, they are out there, but old tired small Atlas lathes hereabouts are going for a premium for some reason. Some as high as $1k.

At least with your pulley sizes, I can think about fabricating something and sending it to them. (Arrived back home in Seattle last night). I think I might have a spare pulley off a SB 9 out in the shop. I’ll check dimensions, if it is still there. Or take it back over and put the whole thing together next trip...

Even better, maybe someone on the forum is going to vacation in Hawaii and be willing to spend some time at the RR volunteering in the shops to get this thing working again.

Glenn

Glenn, The Ammco 6" used a flat belt drive to change ram speed. Does your 6" have a flat belt pulley? If so, do you plan to keep this system or change to v-belt drive? I can provide dimensions for the flat belt system if desired. Another poster has already provided the v-belt pulley sizes from the 7" shaper. By the way, from my research, Ammco upgraded the shaper from 6" to 7" in 1941. Rockwell acquired the shaper in 1949. Gary R.

Back