Headstock Lube for a 14 inch SM Utilathe

Martin Angus

Registered
Registered
What is the right lubrication for the headstock? Its a 1967 14" Series 3000 lathe.

Thanks...and happy new year!

Hi
I have a 13 inch 2000 series and manual states for 30 SAE oil for everything form the head stock to the apron and even general way and bad lubrication

Hope that helps

Still don't know where to buy the good quality gear oil just bought mine in wall-mart non detergent one but I would like to replaced it with something better if anybody from Ontario knows a place let me know

Paul
What is the right lubrication for the headstock? Its a 1967 14" Series 3000 lathe.

Thanks...and happy new year!

The easiest way to find out who sells the oil you are looking for, is to call the oil maker or check their dealer list.

Being in St Kits, with all the shops around there, you should have no trouble finding a dealer.
Pierre

For others
You can also check with your local machine shop and do check even your local auto parts stores. Not CT, NAPA or the like, more like independent stores. They get asked these kind of questions all the time and should either supply or point you in the correct direction.

I do not own a 14" but do own a 11x30 Utilathe, my manual reccomends SAE30 oil, it must be NON-DETERGENT.
Hope this helps.
bigbull

Back