Heating the Shop in Vermont

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
1613583858231.png

Temperature outside is 15F, inside the shop started at 30F. Fired up the pellet stove about 20 minutes ago. Hopefully I can get it up above 50F in under an hour. Would really like to make some progress on the Welding Table project today.

I'm sending some more snow up your way . Get ready ! :grin: Just got off the phone with a realtor up my way in the Adirondacks . She said they were going to get nailed tomorrow night .

We were supposed to get 10" of snow yesterday. Turned out to be a huge letdown...only 3-4". So I'm kind of hoping for a repeat of that tomorrow. Although the forecast is only calling for 1-3" which is just fine with me.

Forecast for Md is now 6-10" tonight , right about the time I leave for work . Most likely the plant will be empty again . Another fire watch night .

I keep mine set at 50 I hated getting condensation when the machines would warm up. We have about the same weather is 12* right now negatives at night all threw February. Cant wait for spring

Have at least 2’ on the ground and we lucked out storm went to the east so only lake effect tonight and tomorrow.

I used to live a hot climate. So something as north as Vermont is hard for me to imagine, let alone living there, but I know if putting me there, I probably can. Then not too long ago, due to Covid isolation, I watched youtube videos of best city to live, just to explore what's outside of my walls, and Vermont has some of the best cities in the US.

Well, you may have a good trade off there.

Vermont is a beautiful state full of mountains for skiing and leaf peeking . Used to ski Killington , Stowe , Suicide Six back when the knees could take it .

View attachment 355886

Would really like to make some progress on the Welding Table project today.
Do you have hood for welding fume to exhaust outside? Maybe super clean metal would tig weld without smoke but in my experience, it always something during the process. I am no welding expert nor close to it though.

Do you have hood for welding fume to exhaust outside? Maybe super clean metal would tig weld without smoke but in my experience, it always something during the process. I am no welding expert nor close to it though.

5a6c4710853e892fdf5bd096e599aea4.jpg

Made this a few weeks ago. It works ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back