Heavy 10 question

mwhite

Registered
Registered
Hello all,
My first post on this forum. I bought a 1963 heavy 10 toolroom lathe. It's in real good shape for it's age. The only thing that I have found wrong with it is the carriage locking nut is missing. I know that it's not used for anything but facing operations. I can't find one anywhere, I've searched. I'm hoping someone here is willing to post a picture of it and maybe some dimensions. Thanks.

check out ebay. I use mine for facing, parting, tapering with the compound. Probably a few more that I can't think of now.
but it is used for more than facing. Generally when facing I don't lock, only on critical parts, will I lock it. For parting most always, as I want as rigid a setup as I can get. Anything that can move the carriage inadvertently.

check out ebay. I use mine for facing, parting, tapering with the compound. Probably a few more that I can't think of now.
but it is used for more than facing. Generally when facing I don't lock, only on critical parts, will I lock it. For parting most always, as I want as rigid a setup as I can get. Anything that can move the carriage inadvertently.
Thanks for your reply. I've searched eBay, practical machinist and everyplace else I can think of. I was just hoping someone could get me the dimensions of it a I will make one.

Nut or bolt ? I believe mine is a square head bolt, for carriage lock.

I ordered it from Lost Creek machine. Thanks for all the replies and help.

Back