Heavy 10 Taper Attachment Dimensions

silverhawk

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Can someone with a Heavy 10 grab some dimensions of the swivel bar (or have a build sheet specifying the dimensions) ? I'd like to know if I'm moving in the right direction in restoring everything this thing came with.

Can someone with a Heavy 10 grab some dimensions of the swivel bar (or have a build sheet specifying the dimensions) ? I'd like to know if I'm moving in the right direction in restoring everything this thing came with.

I have a friend with a H10 and a taper attachment, post of picture of the part you need dimensions of and I will try to help you out.....

The swivel bar is a fairly important piece of the TA. Do you have one that doesn't appear to fit? Here is a .PDF of the heavy 10 TA. Look at the UNIT NUMBER stamped on the top end. The bar for the H10 will be PT869R1. If you still need dimensions, tell me which ones you need.

Attachments

• SB 10L Taper Attachment.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 43
Yeah, I don't have the right one (I don't even have a part number stamped into it). I'll get this all sorted out at some point. I was looking for parts 14 and 22 (the swivel bar).

south_bend_taper.png

Thanks, guys! I'll keep sorting this out.

Rough measurements for the TA on my lathe (CL8187 ZB) is 2-3/4" x 17-1/2" for part #22 and 2 3/4" x 16" for part #14. Don't want to take it apart for more accurate measurements but if I can give furtter help let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_8974.jpg
    IMG_8974.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Thanks! I think I've found a good replacement, and it should be on it's way to me.

It turned out the replacement had the bed right (part 22), but does not have the right swivel bar (part 14). I'm off and looking again.

Rough measurements for the TA on my lathe (CL8187 ZB) is 2-3/4" x 17-1/2" for part #22 and 2 3/4" x 16" for part #14. Don't want to take it apart for more accurate measurements but if I can give furtter help let me know.

Canuck75, can you get me the total height as well as the dovetail height, and the dovetail width?

The dovetail on Part 14 is 1.450" wide and .480 high. Overall height of Part 14 is .885" ( base .405" plus dovetail .480"). The Using two .250" pins against the dovetail I get a measurement of 1.740".

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
The dovetail on Part 14 is 1.450" wide and .480 high. Using two .250" pins against the dovetail it measures 1.740".

Hope that helps.
That is perfect! Thanks!

joe

Back